Dark gifs

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Fri Sep 1 12:06:34 CDT 2006

-----
> Does anyone you know the incantation to make a gif image with  transparency
say
> 30% darker then back again? This is for icons and a  mouseOver that
currently
> require two images, so two times the memory. Is  there a method? The
solution
> has to be cross-platform, so nifty  MacOS-only ink tweaks isn't an option.

Well, inks effects became  crossplatform as of version 2.7.  But regardless,
there is the  blendLevel property for images (and any object in v2.7) that
would allow you  to make images less opaque (to reveal a darker color
underneath?).  Or  start out with semi-transparent icons and make them fully
opaque upon  mouseEnter.  I think dynamically affecting the imageData of the
images  might be overkill for your situation and perhaps not fast enough.

I would  ask first though, do your icons really take up that much  memory?

Regards,

Scott Rossi
-----

I guess not  really, Scott. But it would be cool to "set the brightness of
img 1 to 50" that  maintains any transparency.

So back to me pixels, then   :-)

/H