Moving to MC 2.7

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Oct 22 15:21:52 CDT 2006

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Oct 2006, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> in
>> I think Wilhelm was doing some very intensive tests. I haven't noticed
>> any speed difference at all wiwth standalones built in Rev. And while I
>> don't disagree he got different timings in his tests, I haven't had any
>> problem with speed. If you can't get the MC builder to work, you could
>> try Rev. I've had good luck with it.
>
> Thanks, Jacqueline, for "not disagreeing" with me, but the problems you
> do *not* have with such speed differences may be problems for others,
> surely for me and maybe for Tariel.

Absolutely, I agree with you completely. All I meant was that for most
"normal" image display, the differences in timing are mostly
unnoticeable. However, the kinds of work you are doing with images is
much more intense than simply displaying an image on a card, and for
that type of work, the timing issues obviously add up.

So if Tariel simply has many images to display, he might want to try
making a standalone with Revolution and see if he notices any delays. It
won't hurt to just try it for comparison. For the kind of work you are
doing, obviously the differences are important and I hope RR can
identify why and change the behavior. I am baffled what the difference
could be. I am pretty sure it isn't the revCommon library, and I can't
think of anything else that is added to a Rev standalone.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com