Moving to MC 2.7

Tariel Gogoberidze tariel at mac.com
Fri Oct 20 17:59:08 CDT 2006

Hi all,

I tried to set up to MC IDE 2.7.1 with latest Rev engine 2.7.4-gm-1
following Ken's instructions in "building MC 2.7".
I'm currently on OS 10.3.9 dual 1.8 PowerPC G5

More or less successful but I have some glitches

1. Home stack lost it's icons. Reassigning icons would not help and the
strange thing is that icons are appearing when mouse is down over the
button and stay afterwards but are disappearing on next launch.
Also after I built standalone (powerPC) the MC built in icons (from
icon chooser) are disappearing in standalone as well (I moved MC icons
via "resource mover" to would be standalone stack in advance)
Not like I care much about MC built in icons, but just curious, Is it
some kind of icon ID conflict? Home stack icons have  ID range from 330
to 850. somebody had the same issue?

2.  I moved engines from "Runtime" folder following Ken's instructions.

"PowerPC-32" build was fine but button lost icon from MC icon chooser
stack as I mentioned above

"Universal" build fine but I can't launch it. It appears in dock
momentarily but immediately quits.

  Is it possible to move Rev windows runtime engine  (x86-32) as well
and use it to build windows standalone with MC standalone builder 2.6 ?
I should have tried first before asking but hope somebody would answer
"yes" / "no" and save me time :)

  Each Rev "runtime" folder has "Externals" folder with db drivers,
speech, XML, revZip etc. Should this folder be moved as well and is it
a way to include this externals in standalone using standalone builder
?

  how to get rid of  "version: 2.5, copyright 1992-2002 MetaCard
corporation" in get info of standalone?
I tried to edit pList file in standalone but nothing is changing

  In my MetaCard 2.7 bundle I have empty folder "Resources Disabled"
under "show package content"  inherited from MetaCard 2.6.6 bundle.
And in standalone bundle under "show package content"  I also see empty
folder "PlugIns Disabled"
Is it "normal" ?

Thanks in advance for any tips

Tariel