Mac OS 9 Stand Alone Engine

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Oct 19 15:09:22 CDT 2006

Hi Ray,

> I can try this, setting the stackFileVersion to "2.4".

you could write a little repeat loop which iopens all these "new"
stacks and
save them in old format:

set the stackFileVersion to "2.4"
lock messages ##!!!
repeat for each line i in fld "list of all the new (2.7) stacks with
full pathnames"
   toplevel stack i
   save stack i
   close stack i
end repeat

Not tested, but should work.
(Famous last words ;-)

> Just two quickies.  Why not set it to 2.6.6 which was the last
> version of MC I used before upgrading?

There is no stackFileVersion "2.6.6" ;-), only stackfileversion "2.4"
which was used until version 2.7 of Rev
and "2.7" which is used from version 2.7x of Rev. There had been a
change in the fileformat.

> The other question is, will I find any speed decreases in doing this?

Don't think so.

> I'm thoroughly enjoying my new MacPro quad Intel running 2.7.  I'd
> hate to loose any of that speed, although I believe all the speed
> is coming from the app, not the stacks.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray Horsley
> Developer, LinkIt! Software