Can't assign App and Doc icons building stand alone

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Mon Oct 9 12:48:55 CDT 2006

Hi Jaqueline,

> Ken Ray wrote:
>> On 10/8/06 12:39 PM, "Klaus Major" <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:
>>> just did a short test, and yes, 2.7.4 throws an error that the three
>>> 32 bit icons are
>>> missing in the icon file, but they are definitively there!
>> How do you know that specifically? Is that what the error text is?
>>> Did the test with MC, so it IS an engine issue.
>>>
>>> The error text must be coming from the engine, since this error
>>> string is
>>> definitively NOT in the script of the standalone building routine of
>>> MetaCard!
>> Well, if that's the case, then why does Rev 2.7.4 work, and MC 2.7.4
>> doesn't? They both use the same engine...
>>> Could you please bugzilla thgis, Ken? Thanks.
>> I will certainly do this...
>
> Seems if Rev works and MC doesn't, the error is in the MC IDE and
> not with the engine.
> The MC SB does check for icon compatibility, and throws an error if
> the icons aren't right.
> Might want to look there first.

A very good idea! :-D

Well, actually that was the first place I was looking***, and the
displayed error text is
DEFINITIVELY not in there!

***I am the new Poobah, you know, and it would be extremely
embarrassing if I did
not know about these things ;-)

Please check the script of btn "Build" in the MC Standalone builder
yourself.

The error text was something like this (don't remember exactly):
#####################
The following icons are missing in the icon file:

48*48 32 bit
32*32 32 bit
16*16 32 bit
####################

I have no idea what might be going on here, maybe they changed
somehting in the engine and
adjusted the scripts of the Rev standalone?!

The new standalone script in the latest IDE worked up until version
2.7.3!
With the same icons that are not working in 2.7.4.

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de