image compression default

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Nov 28 12:16:23 CST 2006

Jan Schenkel wrote:
> --- Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>> That's exactly it:  That handler isn't a native
>> message -- what calls it?
>>
>> And once we find that culprit, it may be worth
>> discovering what else it
>> changes from natural engine behaviors.
>
> Doesn't the rev standalone builder add a background
> group to the first card of your mainstack?
> If my memory isn't playing tricks on me, then this bg
> group gets the 'startUp' message first, loads the
> 'revLibrary' stack so all the externalPackages are
> available, and calls 'revLoadLibraries' to wrap things
> up before the first card gets the message.

Ah, right.  Some day I'll have to poke around in there to find out what
other properties are being altered by that script; seems unfortunate
that it's not possible to know without some serious sleuthing.

One more motivation for me to get my standalone maker ready for public
consumption....

  Managing Editor, revJournal