(Not) deleting identical substacks - continued

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Mon Nov 13 05:02:02 CST 2006

More findings:

- The IDs of the two substacks - one in stack "mystack", the other in
stack "mctools" are also identical, as is the ID of the
substack-as-a-mainstack in my special repository folder. So ID cannot be
used to distinguish between these "identical" substacks.

- Using "owner" does distinguish, at least using the message box, like
"put the owner of stack "mysubstack" of stack "mystack""

- Using the message box with "delete stack "mysubstack" of stack
"mystack"" works - only the substack in "mystack" is deleted, but
deleting with button "delete" of group "substacks" of stack "stack
components" actually deletes both substacks in "mystack" and "mctools",
although the contents of

 "delete stack cname of stack the label of button "Stack Name""  (button
"delete") and
 "delete stack "mysubstack" of stack "mystack""  (message box)

should be the same.

Question: Should we try to remove the ambiguity of the "delete" button
in stack "stack components" or  is the problem perhaps  of such a
special and rare kind that is not worth spending any effort to fix it?

-- Wilhelm Sanke