(Not) deleting identical substacks

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sun Nov 12 14:48:06 CST 2006

I noticed that if you delete a substack - using stack "stack components"
that is launched from the properties palette - from a stack "mystack"
that has a name (like "color chooser" or "answer dialog") identical to
one of the substacks of stack "mctools", both substacks are being deleted!

The essential script line in button "delete" of group "substacks" of
stack "stack components" is

      "delete stack cname of stack the label of button "Stack Name""

Button "Stack Name" showed stack "mystack" at the time of the deletion.

Has anybody seen this? Should the script line be changed, maybe
including something like "target" or the ID of the stack, to make sure
only the intended deletion takes place (not yet tested)?

This is on Windows XP with MC 2.6.6. with IDE version 2.6b 11. I looked
also at the 2.7.1 IDE: The script of button "delete" is the same as in
2.6b11.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke