Another MC-Rev anomaly: "text of image" property

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Mon Nov 6 16:12:01 CST 2006

Chipp Walters wrote;

and Tereza Snyder wrote:

> For me, using PNG images has a positive consequence....etc.

The global default setting of the paintcompression can be different from
the paintcompression of an image. An image has the paintcompression of
the image format that it possessed when it was imported, i.e. fully
imported (like with "put URL "binfile:filename" into img x), whereas a
referenced image will have he default paintcompression setting.

This is probably what the docs want to state: "If the image was created
with the import command, its paintcompression is set to the format of
the imported picture file."

So you can have all he advantages of the PNG format, although the global
paintcompression should be set to RLE.

However, the moment you change the imagedata of that image, the
paintcompression will be the global one.

And, you can reset the global paintcompression any time you wish, for
example via MSG.

Best regards,

Wilhelm Sanke