Stack file version

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed May 10 12:54:16 CDT 2006

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Putting my money where my mouth is, how do you guys want to handle the
> stackfileversion property? My preference is to allow a permanent default
> preference, and an interface to change it. I'd also like the ability to
> set it on the fly while saving (or RE-saving, something Rev doesn't
> provide). Then we'd have to decide how to implement an interface for that.

Hmmm...I like the preference idea, and am open to suggestions about how
the UI for an on-the-fly property.

I'm not working on the Prefs window right now -- Jacque, do you want to
handle that?  You can just clone the stack out when you're done and
email it to me, and I'll fold it into the next build.

WARNING:  If you folks save the Home stack in v2.7 format, note that you
cannot save it in v2.6 without clearing its registration.  The Home
stack is locked so I have no idea why that's the case, and in testing
here it seems the only stack with side effects from changing formats.
If you start work in v2.7 with MC it may be best to keep a backup of
your Home stack in v2.6 format just in case you need to go back.