Revolution is very slow to refresh fields. How can I speed it up?

Eric Colvin EricMColvin at telus.net
Thu Mar 30 16:42:08 CST 2006

Like magic!  Thank you both very much for your suggestions.

I'm sorry, I must confess there wasn't any strong reason to want to do this;
I was just exploring the environment.  But it is most reassuring to know
that a solution is generally close at hand.  Thanks again,

Eric

I assume you're on OS X. The problem you describe isn't Revolution's
fault, it is the operating system. This is from the What's New file:

> Issue:  Rapid changes in stack windows may not be seen on OS X
> systems because of the way OS X buffers window contents.

>Workaround:
> Use a very short "wait" command after the change, then continue with
>  the handler.

Revolution supports milliseconds, so your wait could be as little as:

   wait 1 millisecond

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com