OT: Grammatical blunders

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sun Mar 5 08:41:43 CST 2006

>The plural of CRITERION is CRITERIA.
>
>sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

This instantly took me back to a very vivid memory...

Many years ago I dated a fella, he is long gone and I've since found
the Perfect Fella.  But back to the other fella....

I was playing a game with my dog.  I'd hide a treat, and tell her to
go find it.  And she'd search for it until she found it.

Sometimes she'd find it right away.  Other times she'd have to hunt for it.

Part of the game was to egg her on.  So I'd say:

Go find it!  Where's it at?

You get the idea.  But it was the phrase, "Where's it at?" that
totally irritated the fella.  He stopped me in mid-game to correct my
grammar.  Huh?  I'm playing a game with a dog.  I know the proper way
to put things.  But for the purposes of the game, it was irrelevant.
I didn't care.  She didn't care.  Let's have fun!

My perfect fella cares not how I put my words together.  He's all for
the Let's Have Fun part.  He spends more time playing with the dog
(same dog :-) than I do.  She's always up for a game and totally
enjoys the Go Find It game.  I still egg her on.  And she always
fills the house with joy.  So does my Perfect Fella :-)

You can see the Perfect Fella and the Perfect Dog (and me) here:

http://www.gypsyware.com/about.html

Shari
--
Mac and Windows shareware games