Disappearing windows

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Jun 23 10:50:10 CDT 2006

Hi Jaqueline,

> On Mac OS X, using the RC-1 IDE, I have twice had all visible
> windows disappear on me entirely. I accidentally double-clicked on
> (I think) the message box's titlebar and everything went away. The
> MC icon in the dock does not show any windows in its contextual
> menu, so I can't get them back. The message box is hidden so I
> can't type any commands. The only way out is to quit MetaCard. MC
> knows the stacks are there and asks if I want to save them (thank
> god) but I have to quit and restart. When I re-open the stack I was
> working on, it has been saved as invisible and I have to issue a
> "show" command to see it.
>
> This sounds like it might be related to Klaus' changes that
> minimize all open windows when only one is minimized, except that
> none of these stacks appear in the dock, so they aren't really
> minimized, they are just invisible. I don't have time right now to
> track down where the handler is and check it, but I'm hoping
> someone else has seen this and knows where to change it. Klaus?

sorry to hear this :-/

It's in the script of stack "mctools": "on iconifystack" and "on
uniconifystack"

But I can not reproduce this behaviour, I doubleclicked the message
box (and
other stacks) title bar till my wrist got numb but nothing happened ;-)

I can check "the target" to be "Metacard Menu Bar" in the next build
before hiding
all windows/stacks.

Ah, wait!!
On my PC I use the latest engine 2.7.2 but not yet the latest IDE
resp. did not add these
lines to my home stack yet:

if the version >= "2.7" then
     start using stack "mctools.mc"
     ####!!!!!! This may call "iconifystack" in every stack when
iconifying the stack!!!???
     set the defaultStack to "home"
     reset cursors
   end if

So checking "the target" in the script is probably the best idea.

Right now i only have these lines in my home stack:
if the version >= "2.7" then
    open stack "mctools.mc"
     set the defaultStack to "home"
     reset cursors
   end if

See the difference?
But works fine, too, so maybe "start using mctools" is not necessary
at all?!!!

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de