Disappearing windows

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jun 23 10:29:56 CDT 2006

On Mac OS X, using the RC-1 IDE, I have twice had all visible windows
disappear on me entirely. I accidentally double-clicked on (I think) the
message box's titlebar and everything went away. The MC icon in the dock
does not show any windows in its contextual menu, so I can't get them
back. The message box is hidden so I can't type any commands. The only
way out is to quit MetaCard. MC knows the stacks are there and asks if I
want to save them (thank god) but I have to quit and restart. When I
re-open the stack I was working on, it has been saved as invisible and I
have to issue a "show" command to see it.

This sounds like it might be related to Klaus' changes that minimize all
open windows when only one is minimized, except that none of these
stacks appear in the dock, so they aren't really minimized, they are
just invisible. I don't have time right now to track down where the
handler is and check it, but I'm hoping someone else has seen this and
knows where to change it. Klaus?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com