MC IDE: Passing the Poohbah torch and more

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jun 21 13:22:56 CDT 2006

The long delay between v2.5.1 and v2.6 of the MC IDE tells me I'm just a
bit overbooked to do a reliable job with timely updates.

I've talked this over with Klaus Major via email, and he would be
willing to assume the role of Poohbah for the MC IDE project going forward.

Klaus is well familiar with the code base, having made a great many
valuable contributions over the years.  I'm confident he'll do a
wonderful job of coordinating contributions into the master build.

I can wrap up v2.6 as soon as you folks report back on RC1, and unless
there are any objections Klaus can take over from that point forward.

It's been a great experience helping with this project, and I plan to
continue to make contributions on future builds.  Many thanks to all of
you who've contributed to the MC IDE.  We've established a simple,
flexible workflow for contributions, and to my knowledge it's the
longest running open source project in the MetaCard/Revolution
community.  You folks have done a great job keeping it going into the
21st century.