Universal Binary in MC

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 12 23:41:47 CDT 2006

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> Malte Brill wrote:
>>> Hi Richard,
>>>
>>> which Os X version are you running? As far as I recall UBs require
>>> X.3.9 or higher. Might that be the problem?
>>
>> OS X 10.4.6
>
> I'm using the same OS. I just tried a standalone build using the UB
> version and it worked fine. So something else is going on with your build.
>
> I had already created a MC bundle exclusively for building standalones,
> which contained the PPC engine. I duplicated that bundle, gave it a
> distinctive name, and replaced the engine inside with the "standalone"
> file from the UB bundle in Rev. Worked the first time.

But the engine needs to be embedded in a copy of the stackfile to make a
true standalone.  Just moving the Rev standalone engine into the MC
bundle may work, but won't be your app. :/

> Make sure your bundle has all the resource files in it.

Tried everything I can think of, no go.

Has anyone here successfully made a Universal Binary standalone with MC?

Do we need to update the offsets in the Standalone Builder?