Universal Binary in MC

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jul 11 16:52:31 CDT 2006

J. Landman Gay wrote:

>> I'm using the same OS. I just tried a standalone build using the UB
>> version and it worked fine. So something else is going on with your
>> build.
>
> I lied. I was pointing it at the wrong build by mistake. I can't make a
> UB app either yet, I'm still investigating. Sorry about misleading you
> -- I think that's twice I've done it now. :(

Okay, an update. The app builds fine, it just won't launch, as Richard
says. However, I can successfully drag and drop another stack onto it,
and the "broken" app will launch and open the external stack. That means
it is acting like a Player and not a standalone.

However, it *should* open its own embedded stack and it doesn't. I've
compared the two versions of the executable files (UB and PPC) and they
are wildly different, as is to be expected. I wonder if our app building
process needs revision. Problem is, I wouldn't have a clue what that
might involve.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com