MC IDE v2.6b12

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jan 26 15:16:57 CST 2006

Tariel Gogoberidze wrote:

> 1) New answer dialog looks great but  if you try  ...
>
> answer information "Please choose!" with "choice One" or "choice two" or
> "choice three" or "choice four"
>
> button would overlap icon
>
> Any chance of fixing this?

Fixed for next build.

> BTW any chance to add to answer dialog something like..
>
> ----------
> on linkClicked pLink
>   if "@" is in pLink then revMail pLink
>   else revGoUrl pLink
> end linkClicked
>
> Not too long, rather easy :-)
>
> Best Regards from Paris,
> Eric Chatonet
> ------------

For copyright reasons we can't include Rev's handlers directly in the MC
IDE distribution.  We can, however, create a library importer.
Currently one needs Rev anyway to get the engine, and with some of the
changes in an upcoming release of Rev it may be beneficial to require a
Rev install somewhere on the drive to draw parts from anyway.

I would rather wait for the next Rev release before adding such a
critter to MC, but in the meantime if someone wants to make a plugin for
importing Rev libs I see no reason not to.

> And may be revGoUrl handler could be added to MC IDE ?. Unless Rev Inc.
> has something against it of course.
> It's commonly used in posted stacks and would add more compatibility to
> MC IDE.

> 2) Ken Ray did fantastic job improving variable watcher.
>
> Not to mention a lot of vw bugs fixed, improved stability and
> appearance... (for details type in msg box  --> put the uChangeHistory
> of stack "variable watcher")
>
> Support for arrays is mentioned in "Version History" (under MC IDE
> "Help" menu).
>
> Additionally...
>
> a) Variables are now sorted within each type of variables
> b) Access to "execution contexts" is available in contextual menu on
> right click
> c)  Ability to change color of each variable type as well as  font and
> font size of vw
>
> BUT, there is one more thing :)
>
> vw has now support to auto select the variable clicked in script editor
> in debug mode. This is a GREAT feature which requires a minor change to
> script editor stack script.
>
> here is required change..
>
> ----
> on mouseUp
>   if the commandKey is "down" and the optionKey is "down" then
>     savehistory
>     close this stack
>   else lookupterm the clickText
> end mouseUp
>
> ... to this ...
>
> on mouseUp
>   if the commandKey is "down" and the optionKey is "down" then
>     savehistory
>     close this stack
>   else
>     if (the listBehavior of me is true) and ("Variable Watcher" is in
> the windows) then
>       put the hilitedLines of me into tLines
>       set the listBehavior of me to false
>       put the mouseText into tVar
>       set the listBehavior of me to true
>       set the hilitedLines of me to tLInes
>       try
>         send "lookupVar tVar" to card 1 of stack "Variable Watcher"
>       catch pError
>         lookupterm the clickText
>       end try
>     else
>       lookupterm the clickText
>     end if
>   end if
> end mouseUp
> ----------------
>
> Richard, any chance to add this change to script editor for next build ?
>
> I'm using this feature for couple of months now, no "side effects"

Added to next build, both in MC and devolotion.

> 3) while I mentioned "Version History" ... there is a following
> statement there.. :)
>
> ----
> 3. Checkbox "Hide tools" in the "MeatCard Menu Bar" in case you need a
> bit extra space and use the tools palette.
> ----
>
> "MeatCard" :)

Fixed for the next build.

Thanks for the report.