8 bit screen problems on windows

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jan 4 13:18:21 CST 2006

Recently, xavier.bury at clearstream.com wrote:

> I have a minor problem that is getting worse and worse.
> The problem is that it happens anytime and the displays, text or colored
> controls are unreadeable... The stacks open correctly when begin the session
> and it switches ANYTIME without reason...

Not sure why you're getting this but it sounds like a color mapping issue.
You might try messing with the colorMap property which only affects display
under 8 bit display settings.  I haven't done projects that display on 256
color systems in a long time but I recall having confirmed that then engine
will not even display at all under 16 colors (like under Safe Mode).

> I wont buy either any BOFH BS regarding our video driver problems since ONLY
> MC is affected.

It's your choice if you choose not to "buy" this possibility, but your
chances of getting an updated video driver are a lot higher than getting an
updated Rev engine anytime soon.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director