MC 2.7

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Feb 15 17:48:40 CST 2006

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Klaus Major wrote:
>> Hi friends,
>>
>> when i build a standalone with the new engine I get this error:
>>
>> The file MetaCard.app/..../.../metacard is no MetaCard engine
>>
>> ??? :-/
>>
>> any hints are VERY welcome.
>>
>> When i try to build a standalone with Rev, i get, "There was an error
>> building the standalone"
>> which is not very meaningful. NO umlauts in the path!
>>
>> Will the script of the STAB have to be modified to fit the new engine?
>> If yes, any hints how?
>
> I wonder if we will be able to fix it. The engine has changed
> completely, and standalones no longer attach the stack to the engine the
> way it used to (which means the de-compiling script that was just posted
> to the list doesn't work any more either.) We may need some help from
> the RR team.

Mark W sez that all we need to do is point to the new engines for
building standalones in the Rev install.

I haven't had a chance to check this out yet, but MW seemed confident
enough that I'm not too worried about it.

One way or another, when it comes to software everything is solvable.

  Managing Editor, revJournal