Scrollbar increments in scrolling group

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Tue Feb 14 02:44:49 CST 2006

Any custom graphic would work, Shari. Off the top of my head something
like...

-- "Up" arrow
on mouseDown
setVScroll 50
end  mouseDown

-- "Down" arrow
on mouseDown
setVScroll -50
end  mouseDown

on setVScroll tAmount
set the vScroll of group "main"  to (the vScroll of group "main" + tAmount)
if the mouse is "down" then  setScroll tAmount
end setVScroll

with correspopnding hScroll graphics for horizontal scrolling.

/H

>Shari
>
>Have you tried linking the  group's  scroll to an independent scrollbar that
>has the pageInc and  lineInc set as  needed?
>
>/H

I looked into doing  that.  I created a separate scrollbar and was
tinkering with it.   But I came down to one basic issue:  graphics.  I
was under the  impression that I had a lot of flexibility in how I
could make the scrollbar  appear visually, but when I started getting
into the nuts and bolts, failed  to see how I could use truly custom
graphics.  I tried to make it  transparent... I tried to make it
narrower... but I did not see a way to  make it truly gorgeous.