First impression of Revolution IDE

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Thu Aug 31 14:00:08 CDT 2006

Aaargh! Richard... Noooooo! And thrice nooo!

I am very, VERY happily  using mc 2.66 and 2.72. We may be small in number,
but we are here! I have yet  to apply myself to OSX2.7 stacks or standAlones
(will have to refer to the  notes), but so far I still remain wed to the mc IDE
with no plans *whatsoever*  of even considering a mistress let alone a divorce.

/H

-----
It would be interesting to learn of anything you  find there that's
attractive.  MC is getting old, and the more they  make radical changes
to the engine the harder it is to set up.  We can  easily fix the setup
stuff, but as my last question here was asking who  wants a simpler setup
and it went unreplied perhaps there's my answer on how  much interest
there is in this at all.

Then again, we read of many  complaints about the Rev IDE on the main
list, and Galaxy/Consellation has  quite a few followers, so it would
seem there would be room for an open  source alternative -- maybe.

Rev-based IDEs address an ultra-tiny market  that's already fragmented as
it is.  I still can't get much work done  in Rev, and I hear most of my
clients curse as they use it, but if there's  only three or four of us
still using MC it does rather raise questions about  the effort.
-----