Metacard IDE installation

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Aug 30 11:25:45 CDT 2006

On 8/30/06 7:30 AM, "Klaus Major" <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:

>> We tried with Revzilla the other day.  Old Metacard 2.4.3 no likey
>> new files.  I did just attempt to edit the Home stack script from
>> within Revolution, and it threw up an Enter Password dialog.  I
>> have not set any passwords.
>
> Please leave REV (mostly) untouched for making MC run!
>
>> Sooo... I may not have access to the Home stack script.
>
> You said you have an old and LICENSED copy of MetaCard, didn't you?
> Then you CAN edit your MChome stack!

Not necessarily, Klaus... I just opened MC 2.6.6 and tried to edit the
script of the Home stack and got a password dialog, but when I tried it in
2.6.5, it opened for editing. Why? I don't know...

Just FYI to those out there who might get a password dialog - the Home stack
in MC hasn't changed in ages (AFAIK), so if you get a password dialog,
locate an earlier copy of MC and get *its* home stack.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com