Metacard IDE installation

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Wed Aug 30 06:58:35 CDT 2006

>5. you are ready to use MC 2.7.x, after updating the engine inside
>the app package!

I need more explicit instructions (sheepish grin).

I am starting with a virgin new copy of just downloaded Revolution, v.2.7.3.

I downloaded two MC IDE files notated v2.7:

mctools.mc
mchelp.mc

I do not have an older version of Metacard that will open any of the
newer files.  My old Metacard would not open a Rev Home stack to save
it's soul.  We tried with Revzilla the other day.  Old Metacard 2.4.3
no likey new files.  I did just attempt to edit the Home stack script
from within Revolution, and it threw up an Enter Password dialog.  I
have not set any passwords.

Sooo... I may not have access to the Home stack script.  This doesn't
kill my chances of using the MC IDE, does it?  I did not request a
special MC license key as I've heard mentioned before, as I was under
the impression that the new version did not need this extra key.
Should I be requesting this key after all?

Also:

What do I do with the mctools.mc and mchelp.mc files?  Do I just drop
these files into the Toolset folder?

How do I set it up to use both Rev and MC IDES?  To be able to switch
back and forth?

I surfed several websites of the Revolution gurus.  I searched the
Metacard mailing list archives, too.  I did not find instructions
that answered these questions.  There were some messages dated 2003,
but I did not know if 3 year old messages were still valid to the
newer versions.

Shari
--
Mac and Windows shareware games