What is version 2.7?

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Wed Aug 23 01:47:31 CDT 2006

>I thought I understood it when I asked the question initially, but  HUH?
>
>Shari

Hi Shari

The new version of Rev uses  engine upgrade 2.7. This engine opens all
stacks, irrespective of the engine  that built them. If you save a stack in 2.7, you
get the choice to save in '2.7  format' or 'legacy format'... The former will
then only work in 2.7. So why  bother with 2.7 format, since 'legacy' works
in both? Because the new Mac OSX  'Universal Binary' system requires the 2.7
format for standAlones. My own take  on this is that stacks should be saved in
legacy format for flexibility; a 2.7  formatted stack is only needed to build a
standAlone for the new MacUB platform  and the new U3 memory-stick thang. So
what do I do if I have built a standAlone  from a 2.7 stack and now want to
open that stack in 2.61 or some other earlier  version? I've sent you a solution
privately.

/H