MC and UB

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Aug 22 10:03:24 CDT 2006

Shari wrote:
>> I'm with Ken on this one:  the older format lets us use the latest IDE
>> with either engine, but the new format limits it to only the most
>> recent engine.  I do projects in both, and when I work in v2.7 I have
>> it set up to save in the older format.
>>
>> I would vote for imposing no limit that isn't absolutely necessary.
>> Saving in the older format allows a choice that the newer format doesn't.
>>
>> --
>>  Richard Gaskin
>
> Richard,
>
> Silly question... why do you work in both formats?

v2.7.1 and v2.7.2 introduced new bugs critical to two projects.  I
haven't yet verified whether v2.7.3 fixes those, and I haven't checked
the BZ posts to see what new bugs may have been introduced.  I need to
ship one of these projects ASAP, so I'm sticking with v2.6.2 on that one
for a few more weeks until I have the time to sort that out.