CGI for dummies failed

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Aug 20 19:10:50 CDT 2006

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Shari wrote:
>
>> I do not have a current license.  My license is for Metacard from
>> before the RunRev takeover.  I am waiting for the OSX-Intel-Metacard
>> standalone bugs to be worked out before I upgrade my license :-)
>
> As Richard pointed out, you can use the old MC engine.
>
> Note though that there are no standalone/Intel bugs when building with
> Revolution's IDE. I believe Richard is working on getting the MC IDE
> standalone builder to work with Universal Binaries, but in the mean time
> MC still works fine as-is for Windows and PPC Macs.

I've tested the materials Jacque sent me from Mark Waddingham, and in my
brief test is looks like he did a find job.  Klaus is verifying this now
and if it's a go he'll post a new build with it.

> If you upgrade to Revolution, you can always just use the Rev builder
> for any UB standalones until the MC IDE works again. You may find,
> as I have, that you prefer Rev's builder anyway. It has some
> advantages over MetaCard's.

The few advantages Rev's has are largely the result of recommendations
Ken and I made based on our experience using my custom builder,
Standalone Ranger.  While a dozen or so friends and clients have been
enjoying the one-click convenience of my standalone builder for many
years, we didn't release it to the general public out of a courtesy to
RunRev's license enforcement limits.  Now that they've put their license
enforcement into the engine the way it used to be under Raney, I'm in
the process of tidying up Standalone Ranger and look forward to sharing it.