Almost ready for RunRev...

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Aug 5 11:03:05 CDT 2006

Klaus Major wrote:

 >> I'm not sure about the extension when building standalones; I haven't
 >> tried anything other than ".rev".
 >
 > THAT was what I was referring to, see above ("... but then...") ;-)
 >
 > Demanding the "*.REV" suffix is a very strange limitation of the STAB in
 > my opinion.

The limitation is because the standalone builder must copy your stack
and rename it when making the new engine standalone. It names the engine
the same name as your stack. The build will fail if your stack doesn't
have an extension, because then you have two files with the same name,
which of course isn't allowed. The ".rev" extension allows your stack to
be copied and renamed without getting a file naming conflict.

I don't think the stack must have a ".rev" extension -- any extension at
all will do, because the standalone builder strips off the extension
when creating the new stack. So in theory, you should be able to build
with .mc stacks as long as they have the extension. I haven't ever tried
it, but I think it should work.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com