Almost ready for RunRev...

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Aug 4 10:01:26 CDT 2006

Hi again :-)

> Just a happy thought... I've got the funds set aside for a new
> Macintel computer.  Just waiting for Apple to come out with
> Macintel desktops.  I can't even find an ETA on the internet anywhere.
>
> Once I'm up and running with a new Macintel, I will be upgrading my
> Metacard to the newest incarnation thereof.  (I am currently at the
> second last release of Metacard before RunRev took it over.)

you will be please with some very nice new features in the engine
like window tranparency from 0 to 100 percent...

> Been following this list regarding all Rev talk.  And one thing I
> hope gets ironed out before I'm ready to make the leap... is
> anybody successfully compiling standalones for Macintel yet?  There
> seemed to be some issues there.  Standalones not launching?

No reply from the mothership yet...

Or did the example stack of Mark help you solving the puzzle, Richard?

But you can of course use Revolution for building standalones, but then
you will have to save your stack as "xyz.REV" to make it work.

That traps me everytime, very stupid and unnecessary limitation!
If its a valid stack then it should compile, with any suffix or none
at all...

> I will definitely be staying with the Metacard interface when I
> upgrade.  I like it's simplicity and easy overhead.

Yeah, so do we! :-)

> I'm getting excited :-)  A new computer... a new compiler... a new
> rolltop... a new sprinkler system... a new car... but keeping the
> fella and the dog :-)

LOL :-D

Well, maybe in the future ;-)

> Shari