ColorizeScript challenge

Mark Talluto mclist at canelasoftware.com
Sat Apr 29 11:12:44 CDT 2006

On Apr 29, 2006, at 7:37 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Mark Talluto wrote:
>> I found readability increased greatly once the background color
>> was darkened.  In the Rev editor the white background made the
>> colors appear washed out.
>
> Yes, as with MC's gray backing behind the script editor.  Asking
> people to read lots of text against stark white is at the edge of
> rude; both my script editor and my eBook reader have user-definable
> background colors for the reading area.

lol...i must agree.

>> The Constellation method is useful because there is a rhyme and a
>> reason to the colors.  You can even adjust the colors if needed.
>
> Does Constellation handle more token types than MC or Rev?
I am not sure.  I never spent any length of time in the Rev editor
with the colorize feature engaged.  I just couldn't take it.  During
those early years I never understood why the feature even existed.  I
always changed the color of the background though as I felt snow
blind in short order.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software