Script Editor menus

Tariel Gogoberidze tariel at mac.com
Fri Apr 28 19:00:47 CDT 2006

On  Fri, 28 Apr 2006 00:09:29 -0700, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> I'll make that change only in my forked copy of the MC Script Editor
> right now.  Then you can play with it a bit to see how it works out for
> you.  Sometimes the best way to determine if something is what you want
> it to just build it and see.
>
> FWIW, I've been using it like this since yesterday and I've been
> surprised by how easy it is to retrain the muscles on this one.
> Perhaps
> the ease here is that while you're looking some MC muscle memory, it's
> because of a change that lets you capitalize on the muscle memory
> developed over years of Mac use.

Ok, I'm convinced and would be willing to try

>> Also, if you move Script Editor menus to menubar, I hope at least
>> command + F  would look for TopStack to distinguish what to do because
>> currently command + F displays very different find dialogs in Script
>> Editor and in general IDE
>
> That's one of the symptoms of the not having the SE menus to the
> menubar.

So, would command+F distinguish between SE as topStack as opposed to
any other stack as the topstack and display different "find" dialogs
accordingly ?

>> When I need to find some variable in script, command + C -> command +
>> --> command + V -> enter key sequence is more than motor skill, it's
>> almost unconditional reflex and I would feel "disabled" without it.
>>
>> Same goes with command+ G (find again in script editor) as opposed to
>> command + G (group) in general IDE
>
> Yep, another upside to replacing the menubar is that it handles the
> keyboard triggers; it's not bad once the menus are where the OS expects
> them. :)

While you are on this, it would be nice to add "command + N shortcut
for "New Stack". This keyboard trigger is not used anywhere in MC IDE,
I checked.

best regards
Tariel