CGI and DestroyStack property

Tariel Gogoberidze tariel at mac.com
Fri Apr 28 03:32:55 CDT 2006

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 18:50:54 -0700, Brian Yennie wrote:

> I have. What I did was originally based on some of Pierre's comments
> that you referenced.
> Basically, you leave the MC stack running normally, and you communicate
> with it via PHP and sockets.

Would not this mean that in this case it's not a CGI solution any more
but a "regular" f MC running Stack that listens to some port and
behaves like web server?
Something  like mchttpd.mc  stack  that Scott Raney put together and
Andre later enhanced?
If this is the case, what PHP adds to it other than robustness and
reliability ?

In other words, is PHP absolutely necessary for such a solution or not ?

> You'll need to install a PHP script such as this one as the
> intermediary:
> http://istream.homeunix.com/insead/page4_en.html
>
> Then you need mostly the first two handlers from here:
> http://istream.homeunix.com/insead/page5_en.html
>
> The PHP scripts will pass the POST args to your stack, which then sends
> back an HTTP reply. This definitely works - if you have specific
> questions, I may be able to answer them also.

Thanks Brian, appreciate your help. BTW are planing to attend
conference in Monterey ?
If yes, that could be a good opportunity for me to "interrogate" you in
person :)

best regards
Tariel