CGI and DestroyStack property

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Thu Apr 27 21:19:39 CDT 2006

> It is rather crud to use PHP -> socket -> MC.
> The MC socket port listening method is not robust enough, and may went
> deaf under some loads.

I think Pierre would disagree. I would also - it's a whole lot more
likely to handle a big load than a CGI that loads the whole engine with
every request. There's nothing crud about it, it works quite well.

> You don't have to use PHP to handle the browser POST queries. We have
> pure MC CGI written to handle POST running for years without problem.
>
> Unless you need to MC running as daemon explicitly, I don't see the
> need of PHP here.

That was the point of this thread... I think you missed the
requirements. The original poster already has a working CGI, but wanted
a daemon solution to easily solve read/write conflicts for the stack.

- Brian