CGI and DestroyStack property

Tariel Gogoberidze tariel at mac.com
Wed Apr 26 20:27:09 CDT 2006

Hi,

I understand that when MC engine is used as CGI it launches new
instance on each call, but still..

If MC engine used as CGI uses stack inside "CGI-executables" folder to
get or set data, what is the best settings for the following properties
of this stack?

DestroyWindow
DestroyStack
AlwaysBuffer

true,  false or doesn't matter ?

Also, In my situation CGI would be rarely used but when used it would
be about 100 uses almost simultaneously (after finishing quiz) sending
to and getting response from the remote stack through MC CGI.

Each data exchange would be 2-3 KB and data overwriting (record
blocking) should not be an issue (I hope) because each user would read
and write to their own custom property.

  I know it can be done more securely with true Data Base and I have
plenty of experience with that, but I just want to experiment with MC
CGI option.

MC CGI would be on "regular" OS X (not server) on T1 network. Feasible ?

Thanks in advance for tips
Tariel