Printing PDF Files

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Sep 26 23:49:44 CDT 2005

On 9/26/05 7:13 AM, "Ray Horsley" <ray at linkitonline.com> wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>
> Thanks for your response.  I'd like to print directly from a script.

That's what I was afraid of... the problem is that in order to do that, you
need to either be able to invisibly send the PDF to the printer or to
convert the PDF code into something that MC can use (like an image).

> Hopefully, this would be something like placing an image on a card,
> linking it to a JPEG and printing the card.  I need this to work on Mac
> Classic, Mac OSX and Windows, so I'd like to avoid getting into
> launching another app and then running Apple Script or something.

Would launching another app be acceptible if it was done invisibly? The
reason I ask is that most of the solutions I can think of off the top of my
head is to launch the app (like Acrobat Reader) with command-line options
that tell it to print and (I believe) to not display any interface. If you
need something completely internal to MC, I think it will be difficult.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com