Writing and executing long scripts with Revolution's free "starter kit"

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Oct 31 00:34:52 CST 2005

On 10/31/05 1:48 AM, "Bruce M. Axtens" <bruce_axtens at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> I tried, failed, and stumbled over it looking for
> something else (that's the way of the internet, it
> seems)

Bruce, you need to be really careful here - Revolution does not have a free
starter kit - what you're talking about is exploting a loophole with
Revolution and the MetaCard IDE in order to get away with not paying
anything and still be able to develop your software.

MetaCard Corporation *had* a starter kit, but they don't own the software
anymore, so you need to play by the rules that Runtime Revolution has set
forth, and using Revolution in this way is the equivalent to "hacking" a
commercial program so you don't have to pay to use it.

I'd strongly suggest you pony up the $99 necessary to pick up a copy of
DreamCard, and have a licensed copy of a commercial program that will pay
for itself with the first piece of software you sell.

That's my 2 cents,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/