Execution Error ?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Oct 18 10:00:07 CDT 2005

Hi Reinhold,

> Hi!
>
> To get the content of the folder "Media" I wrote this script:
>
> on mouseUp
>
>   put the effective filename of this stack into dirMerker
>   set the itemdel to "/"
>   delete last item of dirMerker
>   put "/Media" after dirMerker
>   set the directory to dirMerker
>   put the files into fileLister
>   answer "The files in folder Media are: " & CR & CR &\     # when
> I delete this line
>
> fileLister
>         # strange things happens :-(
>   if the platform is MacOS then
>     delete first line of filelister   # I don't like the line:
> ".DS_Store"
>   end if
>   answer "The files in folder Media are: " & CR & CR &\
>       fileLister
>
> end mouseUp
>
> This script works very well, but when I delete the line
>
>   answer "Die Dateien im Ordner Media sind: " & CR & CR &\
>       fileLister
>
> I get an:
>
> Execution Error
>
> Objekt: (it is empty)
> Line: 0         Column:  0        Processing Token: (it is empty too)
>
> Clicking on script I read:
>
> Chunk: error in object expression
> Chunk: can't find object
> Object: does not have this property
> get: error in expression
> Handler: error in statement
>
> Object: button "Script..." of card "Execution Error Card" of stack
> "Execution
>             Error" of stack "/Applications/MC/mctools.mc"
> Line:   2        Column:   19     Processing Token:  (it is empty)
>
> a click on script shows.
>
> on mouseUp
>   get the long id of the errorobject of this card
>   set the history[it] of stack "Script Editor" to \
>       format("char %d of line %d of field \"Editor Field\"", field
> "Column", field "Line")
>   editScript it
>   close this stack
>   set the traceAbort to true
>   set the traceReturn to true
> end mouseUp
>
> What is wrong in my script?

nothing :-)
The above errror indiates an error in the MC IDE itself...

Works fine here without any problems.

I also have strange "encounters" of this kind from time to time!

Most of the time just clicking OK or whatever gets rid of them.
But i have not found out what is going on there yet.

> Reinhold

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de