[OT] Humming Computers

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Tue Nov 15 05:47:20 CST 2005

You can have as many voltage stabilisers and so forth with
a Dual-Processor G4 Mac as you like - it hums regardless:
they have a reputation for noisiness.

My Ubuntu boxes do have CD drives, & Yes, I could, and No,
most Bulgarian educators don't . . . and Alejandro's point
is very well put.

All my PCs - the Ubuntu boxes, a P3 running WIN XP, another
'thing' running both Linspire 5 and Ubuntu, have fans which
make noises.

The only computers I have that don't make noises are my
Mac-Mini and my wife's G4 Powerbook.

However, nobody needs cry for me as I also have another 7
old Macs 'rotting' in my attic in my house in Scotland -
and they, also, don't hum. I am trying to decide whether to
upgrade my BBC Master computer !!! (
http://www.sprow.co.uk/bbc/armcopro.htm ) in the summer
when I can dig it out in Scotland - it is lovely & doesn't
hum.

I have written some trial stacks (soundless) on Ubuntu and
transferred them to both WIN and MAC - and they work
'seamlessly' (funny how that word is beginning to annoy
me).

Sincerely, Richmond Mathewson
See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html