Richmond "snorts" RR 2.6.1 - Linux & Sound

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Sun Nov 6 07:19:10 CST 2005

Wow Baby! That was totally rad!

Downloaded the trial version of RR 2.6.1 for Linux and "off
I went" - to see what the new AU and AIF capabilities were
like.

A simple stack with a "PLAY IT BABY!" button containing the
following script:

on mouseUp
  play audioClip "BROWN COW.aif"
end mouseUp

did not produce my "rich, mature, masculine voice" saying
'Brown Cow' - but something rather like Mickey Mouse high
on drugs (the mind boggles) saying something like 'Brown
Cow' in a high-pitched eccentric voice.

the same went for an AU version of the same sound file.

Now, the fact that one no longer has to "piss around" (to
use a technical phrase) with xanim is FANTASTIC! REALLY
FANTASTIC!

NOW, I'm going to buy the latest version of RR for Linux
WHEN it both plays the sound files, and makes me sound like
me . . .

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson
See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html