Custom file extensions

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sat Nov 5 23:53:31 CST 2005

Okay, I did this before and now I can't seem to do it again.  I
forgot what I did (sheepish grin).

In Blackjack Gold, I used a custom file extension for the associated
stacks of .bjg

For a new program, I'd like to use a custom file extension as I did
before, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I change a stack's filename to interactive.fgx

In another stack, the openStack handler sets the global variable
gFavorite to the full path to stack interactive.fgx

But when a handler runs that refers to stack gFavorite, it fails.  It
says it cannot find the stack interactive.mc

I've verified that gFavorite specifies the right filepath, including
the new extension.  So why is Metacard looking for .mc?

I can open interactive.fgx via the File Menu.

Then if I save it via the File Menu, it says that it's saving stack
interactive.fgx.mc, but there is no evidence it added .mc to the
filename.

I have no idea how I did it before.  I'm using OSX.

Shari

--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com