Sound on Linux and "stupid" Richmond

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Sat Nov 5 04:43:55 CST 2005

WELL ? ? ?

Is it stupid Richmond or under-documented RR ?

Dunno - leave the question open.

Anyway, Happy Campers - I, accidently discovered that RR
2.2.1 on Linux can only cope with WAV files . . .

And, How did I find this out?

By reading a page on the RunRev site that pointed out that
AU and AIFF support for Linux had been added in RR 2.5

NOW . . . wouldn't it be lovely if one could find these
things out in a simple and painless way . . .

For those of you working with the FREE NOVELL LINUX RR
Distro (for which I am extremely grateful) KNOW NOW that
the only sound format that works is WAV.

Sincerely, Richmond Mathewson
See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html