Graphics

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Thu May 26 02:55:00 EDT 2005

>Tell that to iPoker... it's a 36.2MB download, stuffed!

I can't figure that one!  The voices are computer voices, so there
shouldn't be any sound files.  There are a few graphics and small
Quicktime movies, but nothing that would come close to 36 MB.  I
wonder where the overhead came from?

Let's see, dissecting the folder....

The game itself is 1.7 MB.  The games folder (with the 100+ variants
of poker) is 2 MB.  The options (graphics) are 17.2 MB.  He did a
terrible job with compression and size issues!  My graphics file with
hundreds of graphics is about 2 MB.

The player folder is 39.3 MB, which is a huge list of Quicktime
movies.  I know he could have done better...

Geez!  And I thought my game was bloated!

--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com