Standalone RSRC Item?

Ray Horsley ray at linkitonline.com
Thu May 19 09:22:52 EDT 2005

In my app which is named LinkIt! I renamed the MetaCard.rsrc file to
LinkIt.rsrc (I left out the exclamation mark since it usually causes
problems).  I also replaced the text Metacard with LinkIt for all
occurrences inside the file.  I did this in an attempt to get my own
app and doc icons to appear on the desktop, a process I still don't
fully understand.  So far I've gotten the app icon to appear, but my
docs are taking the app icon, too, instead of the doc icon.  It's been
a thorn in my side for a long time.  I'd love to see some a simple list
of the steps to accomplish this on OSX, Classic and Windows posted
somewhere.

Ray Horsley
Developer, LinkIt! Software