MC 2.4.3 & Tiger problems

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed May 18 12:14:24 EDT 2005

Karl Becker wrote:
>>> Am I dreaming, or does MetaCard actually run things faster than
>>> Revolution?
>>
>> It does, simply because it does not have the overhead of several  BIG
>> front- and backscripts like Rev.
>> e.g. the 3000 lines "table object" script...
>
> That's good to know - and now I see the importance of keeping the
> stripped-down MC IDE active!

Indeed.  That's why we're still here. :)

Benefits of the MC IDE project:

- Provides a lean, efficient alternative for anyone who doesn't
   need the hand-holding extras of the Rev IDE

- Is as bug-free as humanly possible, maintaining the goal of
   deploying final versions only when 100% of all known issues
   have been addressed and verified

- Helps isolate bugs to better determine if they're an engine
   issue or an IDE issue

- Governed by the X11 license, it can be used as the foundation
   for any variety of other IDEs

- Demonstrates the tremendous power of the engine by showing how
   it can gracefully support a potentially infinite variety of
   workflows tailored to meet any developer's preferences

- Serves as a living, working example of a uniquely democratic
   lightweight open source collaboration model, in which nearly
   a dozen people have contributed to its development without
   requiring complicated tools or processes

For more background on the project see:

A History and Roadmap of the MC IDE Project
<http://www.mail-archive.com/metacard@lists.runrev.com/msg10627.html>