MC 2.4.3 & Tiger problems

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed May 18 07:57:16 EDT 2005

Recently, Karl Becker  wrote:

> Am I dreaming, or does MetaCard
> actually run things faster than Revolution?

It's quite possible this is true in the IDE, but as a standalone it's
unlikely.  They're run by the same engine.

> 2.4.3 appears to not be completely Mac OS X Tiger 10.4 compatible.
> Moving a stack by the title bar causes the window to automatically
> resize and move its contents willy-nilly.  Example:
>
> Before resize:  http://www.karlbecker.com/before.jpg
> After resize bug:  http://www.karlbecker.com/after.jpg
>
> It only happens with certain stacks, but I can't determine the
> pattern.  Small palette windows like the one shown do it, but the MC
> Tools palette doesn't.  A very basic stack I created a couple months
> ago has the problem, but the MC Home stack is immune.  It doesn't
> matter if the resize corner is present or not.
>
> Suggestions?

Does your code have any resizing handlers?  Are you using any custom window
shapes?  You claim the MC IDE is unaffected -- I'm pretty sure those windows
don't have any resizing code.  There's not any inherent reason that a window
should resize itself that I know of but I haven't used the MC version you
mention under Tiger.  Sorry I can't help more.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design