Flashing menus solved

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Mon Mar 14 10:30:32 EST 2005

>Discovered something else though... with all the image manipulation,
>the menubar flashes as the menu changes, even with a lockscreen.  I
>don't know if it's the rotating, or the choose browse tool at the
>end (remember the cursor getting stuck as a plus sign?)  Either way
>it's bad.
>
>Tried setting the lockmenus but the menu would change to a Metacard
>menu regardless, and then not change back to the game menu.

Solved it.  There were two handlers involved, and each one locked
everything before running and unlocked when finished, and it made  no
sense why the menu bar would change anyway.

Well the problem turned out to be that the first handler changed it,
and the second handler changed it back, so the unlock between the two
handlers allowed the menu bar to change undesireably.  Second handler
would lock it in the undesireable position before running.

I took out the unlock at the end of the first handler, and the lock
at the beginning of the second handler, so it stays locked thru both
handlers.  (Handler 1 calls Handler 2 as it finishes.)

That fixed it.

--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com