Setting the icon of a button

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sat Mar 12 09:18:23 EST 2005

I've encountered a glitch.

I originally had all the images embedded in the primary stack.  I've
moved them out of the primary stack into a stack imageStack whose
only function is to hold sounds and images.

When the program opens, imageStack is put into use:

start using imageStack

Also tried using "go stack imageStack" but the behavior is the same.

The following produces weird results:

set the icon of btn theButton to "isabella.jpg"

Most of the time it works, and the .jpg images change a lot.  But
sometimes it gets set to an img that isn't even in the program, some
img somewhere on my hard drive.  Even though the image exists in the
imageStack.

The program has a lot of embedded stacks, and all I can figure is
that it actually gets the id of img "isabella.jpg" and if there is a
conflict...?  Maybe two stacks have an img with the same id?

set the icon of btn theButton to the id of img "isabella.jpg"
produces the same problem, some other image gets used that isn't even
in the program.

set the icon of btn theButton to 1121 (the actual id of img
"isabella.jpg") produces the same problem as well.

Any thoughts?

--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com