Graphic manipulation

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sat Mar 12 13:57:28 EST 2005

>You can't rotate the image, but you *can* set its angle property. Saying
>"rotate img 1 by 90" is a *destructive* rotation (i.e. MC physically
>relocates all the pixels of the object). Saying "sett the angle of img 1 to
>90" will rotate it and is *not* destructive.

Discovered two things... setting the angle didn't let me adjust the
width first.  I changed the width, and set the angle, and the angled
image reverted back to its original width.  So I'm back to rotating,
which for this is okay.  I'd already set it up for that.

Discovered something else though... with all the image manipulation,
the menubar flashes as the menu changes, even with a lockscreen.  I
don't know if it's the rotating, or the choose browse tool at the end
(remember the cursor getting stuck as a plus sign?)  Either way it's
bad.

Tried setting the lockmenus but the menu would change to a Metacard
menu regardless, and then not change back to the game menu.

It's very distracting to see the menubar flash while playing the game
every time the deck updates.

But now the deck update works as it should.  One solved, another
created........

This particular update had four goals...

1.  Make the game window bigger
2.  Update the graphics and make them a lot nicer
3.  Squish the file size
4.  Remove the 5 card limitation in the game

Sounds pretty simple but boy, this is a MAJOR update!  The original
code was not very generic and didn't handle this change well, so I
had to rewrite most of the code.  The original version of the game
was written back when I didn't fully understand how to do things
generically, so I hardcoded a lot of the game.

The original version of the game was also written in Hypercard, and
when I moved it to Metacard, I only changed what I had to.  If it
wasn't broke, I didn't fix it, til now.....

I think folks will like the changes though.
--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com