strange pulldown menus

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Jun 25 00:19:55 EDT 2005

Recently, Richard Gaskin  wrote:

>> The "Go" pulldown menu in the script of button 2 shows all 300 lines on OS
>> 10.3.8 and on OS 9.
>>
>> I must be missing something here and I'm very curious to replicate this bug.
>
> I think it's a Tiger thang.  I see it by just editing libURL....

Apparently, it's not a Tiger only thang, it's a 2.6 thing.  Same problem
occurs for me on 10.3.9.

Some more investigating uncovered the following:

- The problem appears to be some kind of screen update/redraw phenomenon.
It only occurs here when the number of items exceeds the available vertical
screen real estate and the menu must auto-scroll to bring offscreen content
into view.

- The problem appears to manifest itself in Rev when using a cascade type
menu button, and in the MetaCard IDE when using pulldown and cascade menu
buttons.

Version is 2.6.5 and build is 108.

Regards,

Scott Rossi