metacard - engine for mac

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Jun 23 12:06:35 EDT 2005

Bonjour Marielle,

> Dear all,
>
> Came across the Yahoo page thanks to Google...
> "The engine that drives the MC IDE is Runtime Revolution. The
> latest version is available at runrev.com. On OS X you need to copy
> the executable from the the Revolution bundle in Revolution.app/
> Contents/MacOS/Revolution to MetaCard.app/Contents/MacOS/MetaCard"
>
> What version of RR???

Anyone you like :-)

> No "Revolution to MetaCard.app" could be found in the bundle (show
> package content) of Revolution 2.0, 2.2, 2.5, 2.6. Used the
> terminal to check out for hidden file, no success.

That's right, there is no "Revolution to MetaCard.app".

> Okay, let's be a good user, let's run a search on the doc.

Brava :-)

> Okay, something interesting there: <http://lists.runrev.com/
> pipermail/metacard/2004-November/007903.html>
>
> >Controlclick "Revolution(.app)", doubleclick "Contents". Among others
> >there is a folder "MacOS" and a Terminal file "Revolution".
> >Copy that file "Terminal file Revolution" into the folder
> >"MetaCard.app/Contents/MacOS/" in your older copy of the
> MetaCard.app!
> >Then rename it to "MetaCard"
>
> I get it!!! What I need to copy is "Revolution" not "Revolution to
> MetaCard.app". It's reassuring.

Yep.

> I really did not understand why I should expect to find an
> application, and on top with such a strange name, inside the
> bundle :-/...
>
> But then, is it still possible to find the metacard.app? Being a
> good user again, searching the web... no luck.

I know that someone is hosting old distributions of Metacard, but
forgot who and where...

And please don't forget that you need a MC serialnumber to make it work!
You can get on from Rev, but only if you have a Rev Pro license!

> I had a quick look at the toolbar (opening the mctools within a
> copy of the revolution.app). I wonder if you can use this: http://
> www.everaldo.com/crystal.html. A very large collection of icons,
> including icons for all elements of an interface. My understanding
> is that it is free reuse "currently used on thousands of softwares
> and websites around the world."... but best is to check with the
> author.

Well, i pass this one over to Mr. Scott Rossi from our "eye candy"
departement ;-)

> Marielle

Regards

Klaus Major